Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fos Winter Camp- Parents Email Day 1






First, I wanted to say thank you to all of you who are getting this email. Your interest in the lives of these Young Men and Women will spur them on to good works, to fight the good fight of faith, and to run the race with perseverance. Second, I wanted to share with you some of the things that happened today. The first day of camp is always overwhelming. Whatever can go wrong will, and things that shouldn't find a way to add to the fun. We started the day late, because of me losing my keys 2 minutes prior to departure. That means I could not bring my laptop, sermon slides, or any service orders. We were also missing a few pieces for the band, and one of the buses took the "scenic route" arriving 45 minutes later than the rest of the group. But we were determined to make it all work.

The students and leaders sat down at dinner together (I didn't get to go or I would have pictures), and then headed down for service. I spoke on Genesis 25, "A Heart For Sale." It was the story of Esau selling his birthright for a bowl of stew, and the human predisposition to settle for less than what God has called us to. The kids responded well, and you can view some of the attached photos. We also have two guest musicians from Massachusetts providing the music, and are doing a great job. Every one is now in bed and hopefully (but not likely) enjoying a good night's sleep before a full day tomorrow.

Thank you for your interest in the lives of these young men and women. The vision I have for ECC's unified church is brought to light in this verse in 1 Thessalonians: "So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us." I pray that this is the heart God is working through the generations at ECC, that the Gospel has stirred your hearts and mine to not only share the gospel, but also our lives, because our love for one another is so dear.

You can also read this email at FOS' missions blog linked below, and my blog. Thanks again,

For the Glory of God,
Jake Gamble

P.S.- Sorry the pictures are a little blurry- I'm working on it.

Some of the guys in "Cougar" hanging out for small group.

















No comments: