Monday, April 18, 2011

The Moon

Light floods the roadway

Like stars dancing naked on the beach

I am jealous for its shine

Inconstant clouds protrude into the warming rays of darkness

Dark and light they move quietly into view

They mustn’t leave us alone

For the radiance would be too brilliant to withstand

Circling like sharks

Vapors obstruct our intimacy

What are they thinking, these clouds?

They have never known love

Perhaps they are desperate for attention

I shan’t give them a thing for this effort

My soul desire is for you, my moon

Bid them flee, until we are alone.

It is mostly the dark ones who have overcome us

Blotting out your light from my ocean eyes

Clear clouds know their place

They accent your beauty

Framing in the grains of sand shaping your face

Shall we run from them?

They are but a mist, and will surely pass.

You and I must live forever

Like tangled souls, my moon.

No comments: